Society's relationship to pets continues to evolve. The majority of people consider their pets to be beloved family members and expect their local animal shelter to work diligently to save the lives of the dogs and cats that enter the facility. This program will provide the knowledge you need to assume a management or leadership role at an open-admission animal shelter. You'll learn how to maximize a shelter's lifesaving potential through program management, community engagement, and shelter operations while at the same time preparing yourself for an exciting career.
Who will benefit from this program?
- Professionals seeking a career change to something more personally fulfilling
- New shelter directors
- Shelter directors or managers wishing to dramatically improve their live-release rate
- People working in the animal welfare field who wish to advance into management roles
- Board members of animal shelters
- Activists who wish to see a change in their local community shelter
- Those wanting to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).